Focus Las Vegas
Reorganization of Clark County School District: A Lesson Plan for Community Leaders
With the reorganization of CCSD, there are many questions in the community: What is the plan? How will it be implemented? What does it mean for students, parents and teachers? What opportunities does it present to improve classroom performance? And what are some of the lessons from other regions to consider?
Featured speakers include (more to come):
- CCSD Superintendent Pat Skorkowsky
- Nicole Rourke, CCSD
- Honorable David Gardner, Connor & Connor, PLLC
- Paul Moradkhan, Las Vegas Metro Chamber
- Tod Story, ACLU
- Magdalena Martinez, The Lincy Institute
- Brenda Pearson, Clark County Education Association
- John Guedry, Bank of Nevada
- Caryne Shea, HOPE for Nevada
Moderator: John Huck, Fox 5
January 30, 2017
7:30 - 9:30 a.m.
Desert Research Institute
755 E. Flamingo Rd.
Las Vegas, NV 89119